Yoga was traditionally taught by one teacher directly to one student. The great ancient teachers understood the importance of individualizing each yoga experience to meet the needs of the individual student. Today’s group classes are fun, energizing and help to create a strong community and affordable yoga, however, in a group class teachers may not be able to deliver the individualized attention and guidance that we all need at one time or another.
5 Benefits of A Private Yoga Lesson
- A private session allows for a more intimate view into YOUR practice. You can start a new practice, deepen your current practice or spend some time working with an injury or specific goal or concern.
- Eases or reduces the stress or intimidation experienced by beginners when attending large group yoga classes for the first time. Private yoga lessons will give you a crash course on the basics of yoga, which will give you the foundation necessary to feel compfortable in a group enviornment.
- Private yoga classes are the perfect way to work with special health concerns, injuries, or any other limitations you may experiance. If you are concerned about the possibility of a re-injury, working one-on-one with a private yoga instructor you will learn how to adapt certain postures and use modifications as well as find out if there are specific poses to avoid when in class.
- Private yoga classes can offer a highly viable option if you have set a specific goal – whether it’s mental, emotional, spiritual or physical. With a specific goal in mind, I can tailor and create a specific practices for you designed to help meet your goals.
Getting the Most out of Your Private Lesson
- Initially, we will take some extra time to talk about your specific goals.
- Make sure to drink some water an hour before your scheduled private yoga lessons in order to awaken the mind and the body. Our chi moves through the water in our bodies.
- Leave things that may distract you such as cell phones and other devices put away for the duration of the session.
- Set your intention. What is it that you want to get from your private yoga lessons? Focus on what you want to achieve through yoga in all aspects- physical, mental, spiritual.
Private yoga classes are an investment for your personal growth and health. They are a great way to start your yoga practice in a more solid footing before you join group yoga sessions or provide intensive training and exclusive attention for advanced practitioners.
Private one hour lesson: $75
Semi-private one hour lesson (2-3 people) $95
Group lesson (4-8 people) $150
OR...Try a package. It can be much more effective if you work with an instructor at least a few times. You can do this in combination with attending group classes or exclusively, working only with that instructor. Both work great!
Package of 5 private one hour lessons: $350
Click HERE to download the private lesson agreement form