Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
I don't think these need commentary except that they are DELICIOUS and are the perfect fall treat! I use nut-free chocolate chips. (If you want these to be strict paleo, you'll have to make your own cc)
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 6 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees ( I used convection) and grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside while you combine the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla until very smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring gently by hand until just combined, then fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks. The batter will be thick due to the coconut flour.
- Transfer all the batter to your muffin pan and gently spread with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top, then bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the top is browning and a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean (chocolate is okay, no batter.)
- Allow the muffins to cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes